Yes. You read it right.
William Shatner is to release a Christmas Album, and it’s looking like it could be the Best Record Ever Created. See, if William Shatner had released a solo Christmas album, that would be there or thereabouts in the Best Record Ever Created. But what William Shatner has done is to have gone so much further than that. What he has done is to team up with some of the biggest names in the contemporary music industry to give us this reported lineup of festive tunage:
1. Jingle Bells Feat. Henry Rollins
2. Blue Christmas Feat. Brad Paisley
3. Little Drummer Boy Feat. Joe Louis Walker
4. Winter Wonderland Feat. Todd Rundgren & Artimus Pyle
5. Twas the Night Before Christmas Feat. Mel Collins
6. Run Rudolph Run Feat. Elliot Easton
7. O Come, O Come Emmanuel Feat. Rick Wakeman
8. Silver Bells Feat. Ian Anderson
9. One for You, One for Me
10. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer Feat. Billy Gibbons
11. Silent Night Feat. Iggy Pop
12. White Christmas Feat. Judy Collins
13. Feliz Navidad Feat. Dani Bender
ZZ Top doing Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer? Iggy Pop on Silent Night? Oh wow.
Ladies and Gentlemen, it starts – starts – with a William Shatner and Henry Rollins duet of Jingle Bells.
La Santa María de la Inmaculada Concepción, Jesús Madre!
The album, entitled Shatner Claus – The Christmas Album, is set for release on October 26th:
This won’t just be the new Best Record Ever Created, this will be the gold standard against which all future records will be measured, and fall short of.