Yes. Whatsapp is now available for your desktop (on Chrome, anyway). You can write message on your phone or your PC and everything is all automatically synced across all your devices.
Look Mum! I’m doing it now!
There are a few niggles – you have to have your phone connected to the internet while you’re using it (but let’s face it, we all do that anyway) and also:
Unfortunately for now, we will not be able to provide web client to our iOS users due to Apple platform limitations.
…but it works and installing it is easier than it seems.
Here’s how to do it on an Android phone.
1. Download the latest Whatsapp update from the Play Store.
2. Restart the Whatsapp app (Settings > Apps > Whatsapp > Force Stop)
3. Go to https://web.whatsapp.com/ on your computer.
4. Open Whatsapp and select WHATSAPP WEB from your phone’s Whatsapp menu.
5. Scan QR code on your computer screen.
And boom. You’re done.
And yes, blue ticks still apply. Now there really is no escape.